Based near Oxford; in the Swindon, UK graticule.
- Wednesday 19 February 2014 - successful expedition by bike (57.75 mile round trip) to a the geohash in the nearby London West graticule, to commemorate the second anniversary of his father's death.
- Monday 21 April 2014 - successful expedition on foot (1.2 mile round trip, including finding some nearby geohashes) to a hashpoint just 300 metres from his house, along with his partner Ruth and her baby Annabel.
- Saturday 12 July 2014 - successful expedition by car and foot to a geohash that was broadly-speaking sort-of between his house and an interview he'd just been to
- Saturday 22 August 2015 - failed expedition (actually a completely accidental "near miss"!) while driving South from Edinburgh to Oxford with a coincidental diversion via Lanark, as determined by retroactive reverse-engineering of Google Takeout data five years after the fact!
- Saturday 4 August 2018 - successful expedition by bike at midnight to a hashpoint about 2 miles from his house
- Tuesday 7 August 2018 - successful 6.5km expedition by bike (and foot at the very end) to a field South of Oxford after his afternoon's work meeting got cancelled
- Wednesday 22 August 2018 - successful expedition to East Adderbury to a hashpoint in a field of cows
- Thursday 23 August 2018 - cancelled expedition after the hashpoint location was revealed to be entirely in the wrong direction for my intended day's travel
- Thursday 23 August 2018 - successful expedition to replace the cancelled one; this time a hashpoint South one graticule, deep in a forest
- Tuesday 16 October 2018 - successful expedition to a roadside near a windfarm while en route to an exam
- Friday 9 November 2018 - successful expedition to the middle of a field in Somerset as a diversion from a journey from Oxford to Penzance (for Challenge Robin II)
- Tuesday 8 January 2019 - successful expedition to the A34 on the way to work to earn a Birthday Achievement (and to hide a geocache!)
- Monday 27 May 2019 - successful expedition to a cul-de-sac in South East Oxford as a break from studying
- Thursday 1 August 2019 - successful expedition by bike to a field near Charlbury Railway Station
- Friday 29 November 2019 - failed expedition to a footpath near Charlbury; stopped by flooding/falling into ooze; this was during the Dark Ages, so it was first documented only on my blog
- Friday 21 February 2020 - successful expedition to the village of Curbridge as a diversion on the way to a coworking space
- Saturday 22 February 2020 - a drive from Oxford to Preston is made much better by a diversion to the Peak District to climb part-way up a hill in a successful expedition to find a geohash
- Wednesday 9 September 2020 - successful lunchtime expedition to the Vale of White Horse
In reverse order of aquisition (i.e. most-recent first):
Find me online at:
Contact me via:
- email@example.com - good old-fashioned email
- Contact form - sends me an email; sometimes these go to spam and may take a few days to respond to; sorry