Eastern Time (ET), as used on this wiki, refers to the US Eastern Time Zone, which is defined as:
- UTC -5 hours during Standard Time — Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- UTC -4 hours during Daylight Saving Time — Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Daylight Saving Time is observed in the US Eastern Time Zone:
- Begins at 02:00 EST on the second Sunday in March (becomes 03:00 EDT)
- Ends at 02:00 EDT on the first Sunday in November (becomes 01:00 EST)
Currently, EDT is in use.
Effect on Geohashing
- This is 13:30 UTC from March to November, and
- This is 14:30 UTC from November to March.