Hi there, I'm gonna revert your edit of the Expedition Template again, sorry. The idea is to use the template once (using the subst keyword) and then edit the page after it has been applied. This page explains it quite well I think. - Mampfred (talk) 05:26, 7 February 2014 (EST)
I noticed that the template kept on changing. Sorry for that, and thanks you're tidying up my mess... Anyway, I tried to follow your advise but I' still confused. After putting in the template, the page poops up. so far all OK. Then i put in the sections and that went well too. However in the final page every header is double, but in the editable page there is only one for each, so I clicked the edit in the (empty) top occurrance of expedition, plans, location etc. Then the template pops up, and any change i make in there apparently pops up in the template, rather than being applied to my expedition page. I now left it at thism and will try to do better next time. thx
- I've just fixed that. You included the template without the "subst" keyword at the top which caused the duplicate headers. If you edit the rest of the page now, everything should be fine. And don't worry, you didn't break or offend anything or anyone. Any questions just ask! Happy hashing :) - Mampfred (talk) 07:17, 7 February 2014 (EST)
I run my website out of my house. The computer that I run the maps on, I ran out of hard drive space on that drive. I added a new drive to my computer and moved my website and the maps to the new drive.
I then setup the program that creates the maps to use the new drive. The bad news is that I didn't point the web address XKCD to map to the new drive and was still using the original drive that wasn't being updated.
- I forgot to add that since you have no expeditions on your user page, you don't get a map created for you. The program gets its list of expeditions from user pages. --NWoodruff (talk) 21:33, 6 March 2014 (EST)