Blinded by Science
| This user earned the Blinded by Science Consolation Prize
It may make you feel better about your technological fiasco if you use this template to put a ribbon on your user page.
If you can manage not to screw that up too....
Go go gadget helicopter ... WHOA!
—from Inspector Gadget
Claim this consolation prize if you travel to the wrong point, or run out of time to get to the right one, because of a technological error. Typically this would be entering the wrong point in your GPS, tracking direct-to the wrong waypoint, pressing the wrong button and deleting the waypoint, or otherwise making a GPS user error. Starting with the wrong data because of entering the wrong date on the website, transposing numbers, or otherwise mucking up the technology also qualify. The correct "Not reached" category for the expedition report will often be Category:Not reached - Technology.
Found a novel way to mess up GPS navigation, or just want more sympathy for your failed expedition? Link to it here.
- 2008-07-01 46 14 - Janos encountered an Epic Fail by forgetting that there are only 30 days in June and visiting the coordinates for "2008-06-31".
- 2009-03-22_-36_145 - mykaDragonBlue encountered an User Fail while transcribing coordinates
- 2009-09-08 49 8 - On his expedition without GPS, ilpadre did not realize a distinctive parking lot has been rebuilt 130 m to the east and thus went to the wrong place.
- 2010-01-09 49 8 - Euterkuh and fivetonsofflax were led to the wrong side of a river and were to lazy to find a way around.
- mtu had all of his five very first geohashes invalidated by having set a wrong map datum on his GPS device.
- 2011-10-22 43 -87 - RocketMac went to coordinates from peeron only to later find they were wrong!
- 2011-11-25 48 9 - Steingesicht tried to reach the hashpoint by using aerial images - but he took the wrong turn..
- 2012-03-06 42 -72 - Todd thought that typing coordinates into the Google Maps iPhone app would drop a red pin at the actual coordinates rather than a nearby road.
- 2012-08-12 37 -121 - Chandru's phone decided to lose signal about 4 miles from the hashpoint.