2009-04-18 49 7
| Sat 18 Apr 2009 in Kaiserslautern:|
Today's hashpoint is located in a field in the Rheinland-Pfalz village of Niederschlettenbach. Next station is Bundenthal-Rumbach, which however is only served on Sundays. The next regular-served station is Wissembourg.
I will take the train to WIssembourg and then bike about 14 kilometers to Niederschlettenbach.
- Leave Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhpf at 9:34, take a Regionalbahn to Winden, from there a Regionalbahn to Wissembourg, arriving at 10:28.
- Then I'll ride to the Hashpoint. Since the area around Niederschlettenbach is not exactly flat land, this might take a little longer.
- Trains back from Wissembourg leave at *:33, every hour.
- Depending on when I'm back in Karlsruhe I might still go on 2009-04-18 49 8, which seems easier. Take the bike into the Stadtbahn S4 to Zaisenhausen, from there it's about 4 kilometer to the Hashpoint.
Update at 06:39, 18 April 2009 (UTC): As I woke up this morning, I heard the sound of raindrops falling on my window. Looks like this is going to be a Drowned Rat Geohash.
Live from the Expedition
- and it was a drowned rat geohash. Coordinates were reached in pouring rain at about 12:00. Now back on the train home, to change clothes --koepfel 11:50, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- just arrived in karlsruhe. Somehow i'm getting used to wet clothes, so i now will continue with the 14:36 s4 to the next hashpoint --koepfel 12:33, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- \o/ hashpoint #2 (in 49 8) was reached at about 16:10. I'm now back at the station heading home. --koepfel 14:34, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Note: This is a just a short summary of the expedition. A more detailed description is included in the Image Gallery linked above.
I left my home at 9:00. Being the lazy Geohasher that I am, I took the tram to the Main Station, where I boarded the Regionalbahn to Winden. In Winden, I entered a modern French local train to Wissembourg, And now, the fun begins: As you might have heard, it was raining. My clothing was soaked after not even a third of the ride. The Hashpoint was in a very muddy meadow, it might have been a nice area, but with the pouring rain, I decided to get back to the dry station building in Wissembourg as soon as possible. In Wissembourg, I discovered a road called road of walking and a machine selling DNA.
After my clothes dried a bit in the train back home, I decied to do the second expedition right away, without going home first. Part 2 >
|Koepfel earned the Border geohash achievement|
(in fact, I crossed it two times each on the way there and back. Both my home and the Hashpoint are in Germany. The nearest train station was in France, though.
|Koepfel earned the Drowned Rat Geohash Achievement|
|Koepfel earned the Multihash Achievement|