Birthday geohash achievement
To signify attaining this achievement, you may use this template to display a ribbon on your user page. template:birthday geohash
| This user earned the Birthday Geohash Achievement
The birthday geohash achievement is for visiting any geohash on your birthday. Celebrating your birthday at the geohash would be an excellent touch!
- 1 Proof
- 2 Variants and combinations
- 3 Achievers
- 4 Consolation
- 5 Non-expedition birthdays
In addition to the usual geohashing proof, please provide proof that it is your birthday, such as a driver's licence, birth certificate, voter registration card or notarised statement from your mother or delivery room physician.
Variants and combinations
If as recommended you choose to celebrate at the hash, you could score another achievement such as the Picnic Geohash or Sex Geohash (this latter combination would probably be called uncreatively the birthday sex geohash achievement after that terrible song).
The origin geohash achievement is similar in that it relates to your birthdate (you go to the hash based on the Dow opening for that date, and in the graticule in which you were born; which means you need to be born after 1929 when the Dow started) but unlike this achievement can be achieved any day of the year. If you do achieve it on your birthday, however, claim both ribbons.
If you plan on geohashing on your birthday, here is a suggestion. Issue party invitations with a link to the wiki and the geohash calculator, and explain that guests will only be able to find the location of the party on the morning of the actual event. You would thus score the Drag-Along Geohash achievement as well as the Birthday Geohash. Or perhaps you split your party over the course of the day between the hash and somewhere easier to reach like your house.
The combination with the geoflashing achievement might properly be called the birthday suit geohashing achievement (recommended not to combine with the prior paragraph unless all your guests are on-board with the plan).
Be aware that if you claim it, you may receive birthday greetings on subsequent years from wiki users!
- Psud hashed on the anniversary of his birthday on 2008-05-31 - proof
- Fippe hashed on his birthday 2015-06-05
- Tilley reached a hashpoint on his birthday June 25th, 2013
- Isopekka reached a hashpoint on his birthday June 29th, 2014
- Small oaks hashed on his birthday Monday July 5th 2010 -proof
- Eupeodes went for a midnight hash at the start of his 27th birthday, Saturday July 14th, 2012
- CBos hashed on his birthday July 22nd, 2014
- Bishop Wash hashed on his birthday Thursday July 30 2009
- Michael5000 opened his present from Mrs.5000 at a hashpoint in a virgin graticule on Friday, August 13th, 2010.
- NWoodruff hashed on his birthday Friday Sept 3 2009
- Wyle celebrated his birthday with RoadRunner by hashing Sunday September 25th 2011 (letter from Mom forthcoming)
- davidc hashed on his his birthday Friday November 27th 2009
- TheOneRing went geohashing on his 29th birthday, Sunday November 27th 2011, and also on his 30th to 36th birthday, building a streak of 8 consecutive birthday geohashes (as of 2018)
Take this if you failed to reach the hash and had to take one of the category:consolation prizes.
Volunteered either here or as part of template:asg, these wiki users may receive birthday greetings even if they have not (yet) hashed on their birthday (whether or not they have plans to).
- Arlo has plans to reach the origin hash 1994-09-27 36 -105 six months after September (the antipodal birthday), in March when there is not any danger of wildfire (fingers crossed, anyway).