Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
|Morgantown, WV||Cumberland, MD||Frederick, MD|
|Staunton||Shenandoah Valley||Washington (West), DC|
The main feature is the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley. The surrounding area is mostly woodland and farmland. Charlottesville is at the far south edge, while Front Royal anchors the north.
Of particular interest is Luray Caverns. Underground Geohash, anyone? (Signal reception would be a problem!)
- Scooter lives at the north end of the graticule, and will be participating as much as possible.
- WonderB lives in staunton and works in harrisonburg - there are two geohashes available to him each workday.
- Phyzome (Tim McCormack) lives a bit northeast of Charlottesville and has a handheld GPS unit.
- Spi Waterwing splits time between Staunton and Waynesboro, and may or may not be geohashing in the future.
- Creaturex lives in Waynesboro and goes to BRCC in Weyer's Cave, but he also spends a large portion of time in Staunton and has potential plans of moving into an apartment there in the near future. He wants to attend geohashes in the future, should his schedule permit.
- 2008-05-24 - Scooter and Phyzome must have walked right past each other.
- 2008-05-31 - (none)
- 2008-06-08 - Phyzome reached it, accompanied by a number of horseflies
- 2008-08-23 - Spi got within 200 ft, but was blocked by property rights. (Now with pictures!)
- 2008-08-30 - Phyzome reached it. (It was just down the road!)
- 2009-11-06 - may have Spi Waterwing and some of his friends (other xkcd fans).
- 2013-04-05 - OfficeLinebacker visits a hash on rough, hilly ground near Syria, VA.
|Phyzome earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|