Water geohash achievement
| This user earned the Water geohash achievement
Use this template on your expedition page to commemorate your achievement. Add it to your user page, and you'll be identified as a pirate for all the world to see!
This achievement can be attained by making it to a set of coordinates on the surface of a body of water on the correct day. Swimming, boating, travel by hovercraft or any other vehicle that can occupy the surface of the water are acceptable ways to reach the coordinates, as is parachuting onto the spot. Specifically, the weight of the geohasher or its vehicle has to be fully supported by the water.
- A wader, by this standard, has not accomplished a water geohash; but a swimmer, or someone treading water, has.
- Someone driving an amphibious vehicle has not accomplished a water geohash if its wheels are in contact with the lakebed; but, if the vehicle is afloat over the hashpoint, a water geohash has been accomplished.
- An Air Geohash over water does not count as a water geohash.
Owners of this achievement are the envy of landlubbers and landlocked graticules everywhere, and achieving it requires an extra level of preparation. Geohashers who specialise in Water Geohashes are known to the community (or at least will be when they begin to materialize) as Pirates.
Note: On rare occasions, a water geohash will be located on a publicly accessible boat route. For example, the [Victoria, BC geohash for 2008-05-22] is almost directly on the Tsawwassen - Swartz Bay ferry route. If you find another one of these in the future, make plans on the graticule talk page and go for it. Regular ferries count for a Water Geohash and a Public Transport Geohash, if the geohash is in the water along the route.
Regular proof of position is required, plus the photograph should show that you are in/on the water. [Just taking a picture of yourself in a boat doesn't count.]
Among others, the following users have won the Water Geohash Achievement. See Category:Water geohash achievement for more wetness.
- InvaluableKiwi - Proof supplied here.
- Ubethatway - Proof supplied here.
- Seattle Geohashers: Scourge of the Seas
- Phoenix and Relet - Proof supplied here.
- Mikkozzz - Proof supplied here.
- Kieran - proof supplied here.
- Nine people in three boats on the Eibsee
- Munky - proof here.
- isopekka - proof here.
- Felix Dance - proof here and here.
- Mampfred and Rincewind - proof here
- Wijnland - proof here
- Fippe - proof here
- Felix Dance, Lachie and Laura - 2021-06-27 -38 144 supplied here.
- Gefrierbrand - proof here
- Santu - proof here