use template:OpenStreetMap achievement to get
|This user earned the OpenStreetMap achievement|
This achievement may be claimed when you contribute one or more new geographical features worth adding to https://openstreetmap.org. You can claim this achievement even if the expedition was unsuccessful, especially if the map features you add explain your failure (such as a `natural=cliff` that made you Mother Nature's Bitch).
The feature(s) must be at least partially in sight of the hashpoint (this will likely be the case for large entities; an entire lake or airstrip need not be visible).
See the equivalent page on the OSM wiki: osmwiki:geohashing, and also how to get some swag to put in any nearby geocaching boxes (don't litter at the hashpoint, instead geotrash according to the Leave No Trace principles) or to give locals as a gift: osmwiki:OSM Promotional Material Programme#Individuals.
Describe the feature(s) you added and give a link to the OSM coordinates. If appropriate, include a screen shot of the OSM feature(s).
Like Geotrashing, adding to OpenStreetMap is a publically-spirited thing to do...and perhaps more lasting.
Perhaps we can encourage OSM editors to take up geohashing. The two activities fit well together. Visit a random place and if it's interesting, put it on the map.
Since geohashers often generate tracklogs, it may make sense to upload them to OSM (https://osm.org/traces/new) to help align imagery and add missing data (see working with tracklogs#openstreetmap.org. And since OSMers often own a GPS for related reasons, they are largely set to start hashing!
lexicographically sorted by OSM username (at the time of map edit). All winners are mappers, but not all mappers are winners (proof must be provided by using the template on an expedition and/or user page).
- osmuser:315Lukas = user:Kellerkind
- osmuser:Andygates = ?
- osmuser:Arlo James Barnes / osmwiki:user:Arlo James Barnes = user:Arlo
- osmuser:beej71 / osmwiki:user:beej71 = user:Beejjorgensen
- osmuser:Der DODO = user:DODO
- osmuser:Elimik31 = ?
- osmuser:FelixTheCatNL = user:FelixTheCat
- osmuser:Fippe = user:Fippe
- osmuser:GeoEdo = user:GeoEdo
- osmuser:GeorgDerReisende = user:GeorgDerReisende
- osmuser:J Randall Owens = User:KarMann
- osmuser:MaxMad = user:MaxMad
- osmuser:Neil Bauers = user:Sourcerer
- osmuser:relet = user:relet
- osmuser:SastReO = user:SastRe.O
lexicographically sorted by current wiki username (perhaps by date[s] achieved would be better, but straightening out deduplication came first).
- user:Atadxart (Atadxart/Achievements)
- user:Fippe (Fippe/Ribbons)
- user:GeorgDerReisende (2, 3)
- user:Sourcerer (Sourcerer 2013, Sourcerer 2014, Sourcerer 2015)
Not by itself a win, but a nice thing to do that also makes it easy for you to win.
While the OSM prize can be won even if a consolation prize has to be taken for the main hash, sometimes your plans fail to the extent that you are not able to survey anything new for OSM (or perhaps you made the hash, but at the price of swearing off mapping for life). In that case, take this 'you tried' gold star.
- Nixill (with Alison) ("pending")