Cubicle geohash achievement
| This user earned the cubicle geohash achievement
This ribbon works for the full achievement or the honourable mention.
This achievement can be attained only when the place where you work is exactly under the coordinates of a particular day. This is incredibly lucky, and the chance of this happening to you is the area of your workplace divided by the area of the graticule you're in. Assuming a sphere of radius R (Earth is approximately 6,370,000m), θ = the absolute value of your graticule's latitude in degrees, and H = the size of your workplace in square metres, then the probability P is represented by the following formula:
- For the workplace to count it needs to be a place you physically attended for the purpose of work on the day of the geohash (day off - too bad), with standard GPS photo proof or equivalent
- If you have multiple workplaces on the day, any can count
- If your workplace is mobile (line marking vehicle, ship at sea, etc) it can still count if it's working at the time of passing the days coordinates
- Travel between workplaces doesn't count.
If this does happen to you, you are required to throw a mad-keen office party at a day's notice.
This is one of those things that probably won't ever happen, but how cool would it be if it did?.
As of July 24th, nobody has won this yet.
Okay, I'm going to go for the win! I am claiming 2009-08-30 51 -1 to be within 6 metres of my place of work! I have photographic evidence of me at work, with the geohash point in sight, from 4 months prior to the geohash. I went to work, ran some Cucumber features (to actually do some work, thankfully they all passed!) and threw the obligatory mad-keen party to which 3 other people came!
Somebody might contest my win, because the geohash was not actually in the building. However, it was just outside, and I do sometimes work outside. It was at least on our land, between our office and car park. And you know, our office is very small!
Somebody could still get an even better cubicle geohash, in which case I'll happily pass over the title, but I'd like to be reigning champion for now, if that's okay! --sermoa 23:11, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
|Sermoa earned the cubicle geohash achievement|
|Sermoa, Macronencer, Mapaholic and DavidMiller earned the Party geohash|
Even if the coordinates aren't in your office, you can get an honourable mention if you work within 1km (a 15 minute walk) of the coordinates and reach the coordinates on the appropriate day or make a reasonable attempt to do so. The workplace needs to qualify as above. While this is 1,400 times more likely to happen than the coordinates being in your workplace, it's still a long shot. If you work within 3km, you may award yourself with the almost honourable mention.
- smartaleq for 2008-09-27 33 -118, a distance of 150 feet.
- Joanna for 2009-02-23 -35 149, <1k away from where she works, according to google maps.
- Felix Dance for 2009-05-25 -37 144, a distance of 500m from his construction site.
- donks169 for 2009-10-12 50 -1, <1km from his school.
- Reinhard for 2010-04-12 50 11, 268 m north of his working place.
- NWoodruff for 2011-06-14 34 -84, 0.756391 km west of his office building.
- Mampfred for 2013-08-21 53 -1, 400 meters from the office building he's working in at the time.
- Jens and Juja for 2013-09-13 50 11, about 620 meters from their office building.
- Oisín at 316 meters and Danatar at 990 meters from their respective workplaces for 2014-11-13 51 13.
- Blauwe BIC for 2015-11-10 52 4, 348 meters north-west of his office building.
- Rafael for 2016-03-30 -15 -47, 995 meters north-east of his office building.
- Fippe for 2016-11-14 52 9, 800 meters from his university.
- Eupeodes for 2019-01-11 53 4, ~570 meters of his office (and ~420 meters from his home).
- Danatar for 2020-03-28 51 13, on company property, 90 meters from the building and 120 meters from the room he mostly works in.
- srs0 for 2020-10-19 46 6, within the CERN LHC and SPS rings, exactly 1.0km from his office and 0.6km from the ATLAS Control Room (where he has also worked in the past).
- McKay (talk) for 2020-12-03 40 -111, 800 meters from his (work from home due to COVID) "cubicle" (home office).
Almost honourable mentions
- Virgletati for 2008-06-30 41 -88
- lyx for 2008-08-22 59 10
- Danatar's mother for driving him to 2008-10-22 49 8, which is 1.5 km from her workplace.
- the ru for 2009-01-15 67 20
- Benjw for 2009-04-03 52 0, a mere 40m over a kilometre from his central Cambridge office.
- zb: 2009-06-07 and -08: Here and there, ca. 2 km.
- Jim for 2009-06-10 45 -122, about 2.6 km from his office.
- Dvdllr for 2010-03-01 40 -89, 1.1 km from his cubicle's coordinates in a nearby office building.
- Bishop Wash for 2010-05-25 35 -106, about 1.7 km from his office.
- Michi for 2010-07-02 50 10, exactly 1812.35 meters from his office. (coordinates not reached)
- Mark for 2010-07-06 44 -92, just 1.7260 km from his cubicle, give or take 100 m for indoor GPS accuracy. (coordinates reached via Hobbit expedition)
- Greenslime for 2010-07-20 -36 174 being 2.8 km from her cubicle
- Jim for 2009-07-13 45 -122, about 2 km from his office.
- Jim for 2010-07-27 45 -122, shy of 3 km from his office.
- Ziemek for 2013-01-25 52 20, about 2,2 km from his workplace.
- Pedalpusher for 2016-12-14 42 -78, about 2.7 km from his office.
- The_T-Man for 2018-08-17 48 11, which is about 2kms walking distance from the hospital where he started working the day before
- Dana and Fippe for 2019-01-23 52 9, which is about 1.1km/1.3km from their educational institutions.