My name is Elizabeth, and I live in the Toronto graticule. I recently graduated from the University of British Columbia, and am now doing graduate work at the University of Toronto. I'm from Lethbridge, Alberta; and if asked which part of the internet I am from , my answer would be TarValon.net.
I enjoy biking, hiking, and cross-country skiing, and will happily use any of these modes of transportation to get to a geohash; in addition to kayaking, snowshoeing, busing, SkyTrain-ing, ferrying, and bugging rides off of generous people with cars. My hashscot is a black trilby known as my "hatscot," pictured above.
I've attempted a total of 35 expeditions, 22 of which were successful, in 10 different graticules. I've met 23 registered geohashers so far, and have adventured with 20 of them.
- 2015-11-04 43 -79 (Toronto, Ontario); Success #22: at a quiet parking lot in Greektown.
- 2011-05-21 49 -122 (Pitt River, BC); Success #21: Geohashing Day water hash!
- 2010-08-12 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC); Success #20: weed-wacking on the southwestern beach area of Point Grey.
- 2010-07-01 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC); Success #19: enjoyed a scenic walk to the Canada Day hash through Pacific Spirit Regional Park, but missed the group festivities.
- 2010-06-05 49 -123 (Lion's Bay, BC); No Trespassing: came 200m away from a bushwackinghash in the Sea to Sky corridor.
- 2010-05-22 49 -123 (Sechelt, BC): Mouse Over Day in Sechelt.
- 2010-05-21 49 -122 (Alouette Lake, BC): Geohashing Day hiking hash.
- 2010-03-22 43 -89 (Madison, Wisconsin): did not manage to get particularly close due to GPS fail.
- 2010-02-07 49 -123 (Squamish, BC); Success #18: road trip to Squamish that didn't turn out to be Holy after all.
- 2010-01-10 49 -122 (Pitt Meadows, BC); No Trespassing: came 30 metres short of a hashpoint on a farm in Pitt Meadows.
- 2009-12-30 49 -123 (Richmond, BC); Success #17: in a blackberry bush beside the Richmond dyke path, with Robyn and Wade.
- 2009-11-07 49 -122 (Surrey, BC); Success #16: on a gravel road in Surrey with Robyn and Wade; irritatingly flat tire on the way home.
- 2009-10-11 49 -122 (Semiahmoo Bay, BC); Success #15: waded into 60cm water to get my first non-boating water hash, and then went off in search of warm socks.
- 2009-09-07 49 -123 (Wreck Beach, BC); Trail of Blood: did not get to go kayaking due to a pre-existing injury, but did have pie afterwards.
- 2009-08-17 49 -123 (Wreck Beach, BC); Success #14: closest geohash to home so far (800 m), and I still had to hike and kayak for a total of three hours to get there & back.
- 2009-08-03 49 -112 (Warner, Alberta); Success #13: visited an incredibly boring wheat field outside Warner with Shell and Dsnan.
- 2009-08-02 49 -114 (Lundbreck, Alberta); No Trespassing: flew some paper airplanes onto a unfriendly-looking ranch near Lundbreck, with my parents.
- 2009-08-01 49 -113 (Monarch, Alberta); Success #12: sprinted 200m into a mosquito-infested wheat field with my Dad and a friend.
- 2009-07-11 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC); Success #11: went sailing with Plypkie and yangman, despite lack of wind near hashpoint. Also ran into Robyn, Wade, Rhonda, and Xore.
- 2009-07-10 49 -123 (North Vancouver, BC); Success by puppet master: sent a friend out to the middle of the woods for a Puppet Master Geohash.
- 2009-07-07 49 -122 (Langley, BC); Success #10: drowned rat birthday bicycle hash with Robyn and Wade.
- 2009-07-05 49 -125 (Cumberland, BC); Success #9: had a picnic in the woods with Rhonda, Xore, and two of his drag-alongs.
- 2009-06-20 49 -122 (Surrey, BC); Success #8: got abducted after visiting a blueberry farm with Juventas, DigitalAngel, Xore, fbfree, yangman, and Lassam.
- 2009-06-14 49 -122 (Surrey, BC); Success #7: was not attacked by a guard dog as plypkie, Rhonda, Xore, yangman, SueB and I conducted an Ambassador hash.
- 2009-06-12 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC); designated alternate: gave a talk about geohashing to a couple dozen CS grad students at a designated alternate.
- 2009-06-07 49 -122 (Seymour Valley, BC); No Trespassing: hugged some old growth trees, and was thwarted by the city watershed.
- 2009-06-03 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC); Success #6: dragged Ray and my cousin Stathi tree-climbing along with Rhonda and Xore.
- 2009-05-23 49 -123 (Vancouver, BC); designated alternate: dragged a friend along to the celebration of Mouse Over Day with Rhonda, Rhonda's mom, Robyn, SueB, Wade and Xore.
- 2009-05-21 48 -123 (Salt Spring Island, BC); Success #5: celebrated Geohashing Day with Rhonda, Robyn, Wade and Xore.
- 2009-05-17 48 -123 (Saanich, BC); Success #4: a swashbuckling kayak hash 2km off the coast of the Saanich Peninsula.
- 2009-05-09 49 -125 (Courtenay, BC): an epic intention, and an unfortunate failure. Doesn't really count as an expedition.
- 2009-05-03 48 -123 (Salt Spring Island, BC); Success #3: on the side of a road on Salt Spring Island.
- 2009-04-25 48 -123 (Saanich, BC); Success #2: first solo geohash, on a golf course in Saanich.
- 2009-04-18 49 -122 (Surrey, BC); Success #1: with thepiguy, Robyn and Xore.
- 2009-03-29 49 -124 (Parksville, BC): thepiguy's birthday, with him, MylSh, Galaxstar, Robyn and Arbron.
- Arbron in a car going to 2009-03-29 49 -124.
- Elbie's Dad is my dad. He first joined me on a geohash at 2009-03-29 49 -124.
- DigitalAngel accompanying Juventas to 2009-06-20 49 -122.
- Fbfree I already knew from UBC before 2009-06-20 49 -122.
- Galaxstar I already knew from UBC before joining her for 2009-03-29 49 -124.
- Juventas beside a blueberry farm at 2009-06-20 49 -122.
- Lassam also beside that blueberry farm at 2009-06-20 49 -122.
- MylSh I also knew from prior to 2009-03-29 49 -124.
- plypkie on a bike heading to 2009-06-14 49 -122.
- Shell went to high school with me; we adventured together for 2009-08-03 49 -112.
- Ray was dragged by me to 2009-06-03 49 -123.
- Rhonda as she picked me up in her station wagon for 2009-05-21 48 -123.
- Rhonda's mom as she was off to a cruise with Rhonda before 2009-05-23 49 -123.
- Robyn with T-Rex in a car going to 2009-03-29 49 -124.
- SueB at Mouse Over Day, 2009-05-23 49 -123.
- srs0 at Geohashing Day, 2010-05-21 49 -122.
- thepiguy, another UBC student I knew prior to 2009-03-29 49 -124.
- Wade in costume along with a Catwoman at a gas station, en route to 2009-05-21 48 -123.
- Xore walking along the side of the highway to 2009-04-18 49 -122.
- yangman came late to my talk at 2009-06-12 49 -123.
- I also know Jakke, Dino, and Cooki in real life, and should go geohashing with them some day.
Graticules I've Geohashed in
- Port Alberni, British Columbia (a glorious attempt)
- Surrey, British Columbia
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Courtenay, British Columbia
- Pincher Creek, Alberta
- Crowsnest Pass, Alberta
- Lethbridge, Alberta
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Toronto, Ontario
My list has gotten quite out of date; I will eventually reassemble it.