Subdivision geohash achievement
Awarded to anyone who visits a Geohash in all possible subdivisions that contain land that are part of a particular region.
For example, someone who visits a Geohash in each of the 5 boroughs of New York City would be eligible for the Subdivision Geohash achievement for New York City on borough level.
This achievement is not awarded in the following special cases:
- The subdivisions are continents and the Globetrotters Geohash applies.
- The subdivisions are graticules and the regional geohashing achievement applies.
- The region is a graticule and the reverse regional achievement applies.
The Subdivision Geohash is not easy to achieve no matter which size the region is.
- All boroughs in a town: The boroughs are likely to be easily reachable by bicycle, but it is probably going to take forever until the algorithm places a Geohash in each borough, since they are small subdivisions.
- All counties in a state: You probably have to use a train or a car to get to the other side of the state, and even then, there is no guarantee that there will be a Geohash in each county every day.
- All states in a country: Depending on how large your country is, you may need to book a plane to get to the other side of the country. On the other hand, once you are there, many states are larger than graticules, so it is likely that there is a Geohash in the state every day.
This is not to say that all Subdivision Geohashes are equally difficult. Generally speaking, the more subdivisions a region has, the more difficult it is to complete a Subdivision Geohash for this region.
Regular proof of reaching a geohash, with one for each possible subdivision for a day where a geohash fell within the applicable boundary.
|Fippe||Hannover Region||Municipalities||Barsinghausen, Burgdorf, Burgwedel, Garbsen, Gehrden, Hannover, Hemmingen, Isernhagen, Laatzen, Langenhagen, Lehrte, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Pattensen, Ronnenberg, Seelze, Sehnde, Springe, Uetze, Wedemark, Wennigsen, Wunstorf|
|Sourcerer||Norfolk||Districts||Norwich, South Norfolk, Great Yarmouth, Broadland, North Norfolk, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Breckland|
|Cyazlars||Singapore||CDCs||North East, Central, North West, South East, South West|
|Dan Q||Oxfordshire||Districts||City of Oxford, South Oxfordshire, Cherwell, West Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse|
|OtherJack||New York City||Boroughs||Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn|
|Sourcerer||Suffolk||Districts||Babergh, Ipswich, West Suffolk, East Suffolk, Mid Suffolk|
|Yosef||haDarom||Subdistricts||Ashqelon, Be'er Sheva|
|Fippe||Bremen (state)||Cities||Bremen, Bremerhaven|